A COCOM is a military command with broad continuing missions under a single commander and composed of significant assigned components of two or more military departments. There are currently eleven Combatant Commands.
Who are the 11 combatant commanders?
At present, there are 11 unified combatant commands within the DOD:
- U.S. Africa Command (USAFRICOM)
- U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM)
- U.S. European Command (USEUCOM)
- U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM)
- U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)
- U.S. Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM)
- U.S. Space Command (USSPACECOM)
What are the 7 combatant commands?
- Africa Command.
- Central Command.
- Cyber Command.
- European Command.
- Indo-Pacific Command.
- Northern Command.
- Southern Command.
- Space Command.
What are the 4 functional combatant commands?
FUNCTIONAL COMBATANT COMMANDS
- SOCOM: U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida.
- TRANSCOM: U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
- STRATCOM: U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
- CYBERCOM: U.S. Cyber Command, Fort Meade, Maryland.
What is the mission of the combatant commands?
The Unified Command Plan (UCP) and associated Combatant Commands (COCOMs) provide operational instructions and command and control to the Armed Forces and have a significant impact on how they are organized, trained, and resourced—areas over which Congress has constitutional authority.
What are the COCOMs in the military?
A COCOM is a military command with broad continuing missions under a single commander and composed of significant assigned components of two or more military departments. There are currently eleven Combatant Commands. The COCOMs have responsibility for the military’s operations in their respective areas.
What are the 5 types of combat orders?
There are five types of combat orders: operation, administrative/logistics, standing operating procedures, warning, and fragmentary.
What are the 3 types of command?
- Group management commands. Enable you to manage a group.
- Array management commands. Enable you to perform maintenance tasks on a specific array (for example, updating array firmware).
- Global commands. Can be executed from any level in the CLI to control CLI behavior.
What are the 3 combat elements?
Army operations recognizes the dynamics of combat power and its elements: maneuver, firepower, protection, and leadership.
What are the 3 types of commands in a drill?
Types of Commands:
- A drill command is an oral order.
- The preparatory command explains what the movement will be.
- The command of execution follows the preparatory command.
- In certain commands, the preparatory command and the command of execution are combined, for example: FALL IN, AT EASE, and REST.
What are the 7 warfighting functions USMC?
The seven warfighting functions are command and control, fires, force protection, information, intelligence, logistics, and maneuver.
What are the seven principles of Army command?
Additionally, the updated ADP 6-0 defines Mission Command based on seven principles: competence, trust, shared understanding, mission orders, commander’s intent, disciplined initiative, and risk acceptance.
What are the 6 domains of warfare?
U.S. military operations can be divided into six domains depending on your perspective: subsurface naval, surface naval, ground (which is just another surface), air, space and cyberspace. As we expanded domains, conflicts arise first on the relevance, and then on the ownership of those domains.
What is the largest combatant command?
the United States Indo-Pacific Command
Aquilino, U.S. Navy. Admiral John Aquilino is the 26th Commander of the United States Indo-Pacific Command, the nation’s oldest and largest combatant command.
What is the oldest combatant command?
United States Pacific Command
Formerly known as United States Pacific Command (USPACOM) since its inception in 1947, the command was renamed to U.S. Indo-Pacific Command in 2018, in recognition of the increasing connectivity between the Indian and Pacific oceans. It is the oldest and largest of the unified combatant commands.
How many COCOMs are in the Air Force?
There are currently nine COCOMs: USSOCOM: U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, FL. USSTRATCOM: U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, NE.